Upcoming Conferences & Workshops
GRADE 3-5 MATH GAMES AND STRATEGIES FOR OPERATIONAL FLUENCY AND MULTI-DIGIT OPERATIONS with John Felling
OCTOBER 19 - GRADES 3 -5 - OPERATIONAL FREQUENCY AND MULTI-DIGIT OPERATIONS
ALL FROM 3:30 - 5:00 PM CDT
ALSO AVAILABLE ASYNCHRONOUSLY ON-DEMAND
OPEN TO TEACHERS ACROSS THE US AND CANADA
Come prepared to play my favorite games and learn strategies for developing operational fluency and more. Operational fluency practice needs to be front and center in your teaching all year as students move from basic fact fluency into multi-digit operations, order of operations, and operations with fractions and decimals. If your students still have gaps or learning loss, this is a workshop that will really help you rebuild their confidence and competence.
This workshop will help you continue to work on solidifying the following concepts:
- addition/multiplication fact fluency/basic facts
- multi-digit addition, subtraction, multiplication, division
- composing and decomposing numbers
- mixed operations and order of operations
- mental math strategies
Throughout the workshop participants will play games that incorporate the use of cards and dice and get ideas for easily differentiating the activities so that all learners can be engaged and successful. Games can be used in centers, small groups, or in whole class instruction. You will receive an extensive PDF handout with gameboards, math journal and math talk extensions, and concept skill checklists for assessment. This is a hands-on session. PARTICIPANTS NEED TO HAVE ON HAND A DECK OF CARDS AND 8 REGULAR DICE, A COPY OF THE PDF HANDOUT. PARTICIPATION DOOR PRIZES, COME PREPARED TO PLAY!
ILASCD Member $125.00 for one session or $99.00 for two or more sessions each
Nonmember $174 for one session or $148.00 for two or more sessions each
Please see the brochure below for additional rates
How to Register:
- Online: Use your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express card at http://www.illinoisascd.org
- Call: 800-877-1478 or 309-438-2160, Mon. - Fri. 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and use your Visa,
MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
- Mail: Send completed form with check or copy of PO to IL ASCD Fellings Math— Illinois State University, Conference Services, Campus Box 8610, Normal, IL 61790-8610.
- Fax: Fax completed form to 309-438-5364 using your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express or a copy of school P.O.
Do you have anything interesting or exciting that focuses on "balance" in your work as a teacher or leader that you would like to share with educators around the state? This quarter's ILASCD journal will focus around the theme of balance. Let us know how you and your coworkers have created balance. We would love to hear from you!