Upcoming Conferences & Workshops
May 3, 2022
Century Junior High
10801 W 159th Street
Orland Park, IL 60467
8:30 - 3:30- 5 PD Hours
Live In-Person and On-line
ADMIN ACADEMY PENDING
Continental Breakfast - Lunch On Your Own (onsite)
Along with a toolbox of strategies for addressing 33 essential competencies, you'll find real-life examples
highlighting the many opportunities for social and emotional learning within the K–12 academic curriculum.
Learn to use this Integrated SEL approach to help your students build essential skills that will serve them in the
classroom and throughout their lives.
Dominique will share techniques to support:
- Building students' sense of identity and confidence in their ability to learn, overcome challenges, and
influence the world around them.
- Helping students identify, describe, and regulate their emotional responses.
- Promoting the cognitive regulation skills critical to decision making and problem-solving.
- Fostering students' social skills, including teamwork and sharing, and their ability to establish and repair
- Equipping students to become informed and involved citizens.
Dominique Smith is the director of student services at Health Sciences High & Middle College, where he also
serves as a culture builder and student advocate. He is passionate about creating school cultures that honor students and build their confidence and competence. Smith is the co-author of All Learning is Social and
Emotional published by ASCD.
Who should attend? All Educators
ILASCD Member $179
How to Register:
- Online: Use your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express card at http://www.illinoisascd.org
- Call: 800-877-1478 or 309-438-2160, Mon. - Fri. 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and use your Visa,
MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
- Mail: Send completed form with check or copy of PO to IL ASCD Smith— Illinois State University, Conference Services, Campus Box 8610, Normal, IL 61790-8610.
- Fax: Fax completed form to 309-438-5364 using your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express or a copy of school P.O.