Upcoming Conferences & Workshops
EACH SESSION FROM 3:30 - 4:30 PM
Feb. 2nd Kick-off 1-hour Zoom to introduce your project
Feb. 9th Office hour Zoom to support your project
Feb. 16th Wrap up 1-hour Zoom to celebrate your project and discuss classroom implementation
It will be "Fugle" FUN!
This 5 PD hour synchronous and asynchronous workshop gives you everything you need to learn how to engage your students in a STOP-MOTION ANIMATION TECHNIQUE that uses art to teach communication, animation, and
phonics while having fun.
- No art experience is necessary
- Need an iOS device with iMotion & Keynote (free apps)
- Applications for use with K-12 general education, STEAM, Creative Arts, and Tech
- You will receive a packet of resources to print and use for your project, a lesson guide, tutorials, and support
from your instructor.
Tricia Fuglestad, a K-5 art teacher in Illinois with a MATL in K-12 tech integration who has successfully blended digital and physical art-making with her trans digital lessons which expand the curriculum, give students an opportunity to explore new media, and dynamically transform student learning. Tricia’s
classroom is featured in educational publications and textbooks. Her students’ Fugleflicks, student-created, art-related videos have screened at international film festivals and won national contests. Tricia has been recognized for her innovative teaching in 2010 with the PBS Teachers Innovation Award, won Illinois Art TOY in 2011, awarded Teacher of Distinction in 2012 by the Golden Apple
Foundation, received Western Region Elementary Art TOY 2013, selected as a Jacobs Educator 2014, was presented with the Art Technology Outstanding Community Service Award in 2016. Her work received a Tech in Action award by the ISTE teachers network in 2018 and Artsonia recognized her
leadership nationally in 2019. Find her lessons, blog, student Fugleflicks, presentations, and articles here: https://linktr.ee/fuglefun.
Who Should Attend
Anyone that would enjoy!
Early Bird $125
$150 for ILASCD Member
For group rates, please refer to the registration form by clicking on the register button below
How to Register
- Online: Use your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express card at http://www.illinoisascd.org
- Call: 800-877-1478 or 309-438-2160, Mon. - Fri. 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and use your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
- Mail: Send completed form with check or copy of PO to IL ASCD Fuglestad— Illinois State University, Conference Services, Campus Box 8610, Normal, IL 61790-8610.
- Fax: Fax completed form to 309-438-5364 using your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express or a copy of school P.O.