Upcoming Conferences & Workshops
Teaching for Deeper Learning
A NEW Online
Professional Development Institute
The Thoughtful Classroom
Understanding by Design
January 12 and January 19, 2022
9:00am-3:00pm each day
LIVE -VIRTUAL, ON-LINE
WATCH RECORDED ON YOUR SCHEDULE FOR 3 WEEKS
Participants will receive 12 ISBE Professional Development Hours
As educators, we want all students to learn deeply and well. Yet far too often, students attain only a superficial level of knowledge that fails to prepare them for deeper challenges in school and beyond. Why is this the case? And what can we do about it? In this two-day online institute, Jay McTighe and Harvey Silver, authors of ASCD’s bestselling member book Teaching for Deeper Learning, will guide you through the what, why, and how of deep learning: What it is, why it’s so critical to student success, and how to make it work in your classroom, school, or district. Together, Jay and Harvey will show you how to raise student achievement and close learning gaps by establishing a deep learning culture—one that teaches all students the skills they need to build a deep understanding of important content and transfer their learning to the real world.
YOU WILL LEARN . . .
- The two key shifts needed to establish a deep learning mindset in classrooms, schools, and across the district.
- How to frame instruction around big ideas to promote conceptual thinking and transfer.
- The seven deeper-learning skills presented in Teaching for Deeper Learning.
- A set of tools and strategies for developing students’ deeper learning skills.
- This innovative online session will also include virtual breakout sessions and opportunities to design lessons collaboratively.
All participants will receive a digital copy of Teaching for Deeper Learning Tools to Engage Students in Making Meaning Recently named one of the 100 Best Teaching Books of All Time by Book Authority
All K-12 educators: teachers, teacher-leaders, instructional coaches, and administrators
$319 ILASCD Member
For group rates, please refer to the registration form by clicking on the register button below
How to Register
- Online: Use your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express card at http://www.illinoisascd.org
- Call: 800-877-1478 or 309-438-2160, Mon. - Fri. 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and use your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
- Mail: Send completed form with check or copy of PO to IL ASCD SILVER/MCTIGHE— Illinois State University, Conference Services, Campus Box 8610, Normal, IL 61790-8610.
- Fax: Fax completed form to 309-438-5364 using your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express or a copy of school P.O.