Upcoming Conferences & Workshops
November 9 & 16, 2021
Live Online & On-Demand for 30 days
Registration includes: Materials and 4 PD Hours
If doing more in our schools and classrooms were the answer to better meeting the needs of every child, then we’d have met every goal and closed every gap by now. We don’t need more activities, resources, initiatives, projects, or meetings. We need more clarity. Clarity emerges when we prioritize our efforts to do less with greater focus. With this focus, we empower our students to prioritize their strategy and efforts to develop deep understanding of the most important skills and content. Drawing from his book Teaching With Clarity: How to Prioritize and Do Less So Students Understand More, Tony Frontier will explain a practical framework and action steps that can be used to prioritize, and align, teachers' and students' strategic efforts to support responsive learning in every classroom.
In this workshop participants will learn:
- The important distinction between sympathetic design and empathetic design in systems that effectively prioritize student’s strategic efforts to learn.
- How to identify, and address, the problem of curricular clutter.
- How to effectively align your time and effort spent teaching by prioritizing state standards, local initiatives, and students’ learning needs.
- The six elements create clarity for teaching and learning.
- Practical action steps related to developing curriculum, instruction, and assessment that are aligned to each of the six elements of clarity to prioritize students’ strategic efforts to learn.
- ILASCD Member $150
- Non-Member $199
- Add Tony's book for $30.95
- Are you an ILASCD Member? $49
How to Register
- Online: Use your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express card at www.Illinoisascd.org
- Call: 800-877-1478 or 309-438-2160, Mon. - Fri. 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and use your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
- Mail: Send the completed form with check or copy of PO to IL ASCD Frontier — Illinois State University,
Conference Services, Campus Box 8610, Normal, IL 61790-8610. Fax:
- Fax completed form to 309-438-5364 using your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express or a copy of school P.O.