Upcoming Conferences & Workshops
THE RIGHT DRIVERS FOR SCHOOL & SYSTEM CHANGE
IN POST-PANDEMIC TIMES
FEATURING MICHAEL FULLAN
5.5 PD HOURS
AA #3837: Reconstructing Leadership in a Culture of Change
October 7, 2021 8:30 a.m. -2:30 p.m.
Post-pandemic times create a tangible opportunity for school leaders to make positive change happen. The pandemic phenomenon has exposed silver linings and golden pockets that can serve to accelerate system transformation. Join Michael Fullan as he shares ways to effectively lead our schools forward, using the most powerful “drivers” as levers for continuous improvement. As a result of this workshop, participants will:
- Focus on key themes that will allow them to lead effectively
- Identify their own strengths and leadership qualities
- Gain new insights into global competencies and the application of Deep Learning practices
- Learn how to be effective in their own setting given system conditions
MICHAEL FULLAN, OC IS THE FORMER DEAN OF THE ONTARIO INSTITUTE FOR
STUDIES IN EDUCATION, AND PROFESSOR EMERITUS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF
TORONTO. HE IS CO-LEADER OF THE NEW PEDAGOGIES FOR DEEP LEARNING GLOBAL INITIATIVE (NPDL.GLOBAL). RECOGNIZED AS A WORLDWIDE AUTHORITY ON EDUCATIONAL REFORM, HE ADVISES POLICYMAKERS AND LOCAL LEADERS IN HELPING TO ACHIEVE THE MORAL PURPOSE OF ALL CHILDREN LEARNING. MICHAEL IS A PROLIFIC, AWARD-WINNING AUTHOR WHOSE BOOKS HAVE BEEN PUBLISHED IN MANY LANGUAGES. HE RECEIVED THE ORDER OF CANADA IN DECEMBER 2012. HE HOLDS HONORARY DOCTORATES FROM SEVERAL UNIVERSITIES AROUND THE WORLD.
Michael Fullan's book Nuance is available for purchase. Break the cycle of surface-level change and failure. How do leaders become clearer as complexity increases? We live in a world where decisions require judgment, getting people on board, drawing on local knowledge, ingenuity, and commitment. As leaders, how do you get beneath surface-level change to tackle complex challenges with depth and clarity. Nuance is the answer. Michael Fullan returns with an eminently readable, compelling, and practical guide on the three habits of nuance: joint determination, adaptability, and culture-based accountability.
ILASCD Member $200
How to Register:
- Online: Use your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express card at http://www.illinoisascd.org
- Call: 800-877-1478 or 309-438-2160, Mon. - Fri. 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and use your Visa,
MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
- Mail: Send completed form with check or copy of PO to IL ASCD Fullan— Illinois State University, Conference Services, Campus Box 8610, Normal, IL 61790-8610.
- Fax: Fax completed form to 309-438-5364 using your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express or a copy of school P.O.