Upcoming Conferences & Workshops
Join other educators on September 27th (9:00 AM– 3:00 PM), virtually, to hear JamesRickabaugh, author of
“Tapping the Power of Personalized Learning: A Roadmap for School Leaders”. Registration includes a digital copy of his book. The workshop will provide participants step by step guidance for implementation as well as:
- a detailed overview of the research and work behind the model development;
- a complete introduction to the heart of the model—a comprehensive, multi-layer framework centered on the three core components of learner profiles, customized learning paths, and proficiency-based progress;
- tools and activities for assessing and adjusting the model to meet the specific needs of the students and staff;
- strategies for increasing and reinforcing enthusiasm for the change process among everyone involved, from the classroom to the greater community; and
- an abundance of real-life examples and reflections from students, teachers, principals, and superintendents whose schools have nourished in record time and with minimal additional funding or resources.
Workshop Fee $75 for KASCD members (includes a digital copy of the book)
$125 for non-KASCD members (includes a digital copy of the book)
As a follow-up to this workshop...
- KASCD members will have free access to a tool to virtually collaborate as they implement.
- Non-members can join the collaborative community for an additional $50 added to the $125workshop registration.
- The collaborative community will provide a venue for educators to share classroom instructional resources, videos of instruction, examples from their own classrooms, and support each other as they implement personalized learning in their own classrooms.
- There will be initial training on how to use the collaborative tool (TORSH) from 4:00 – 5:30 PM on September 29th.
James Rickabaugh is the director of the Institute for Personalized Learning, an education innovation lab dedicated to transforming public education. The institute serves a growing number of member school districts engaged in personalized learning and is a part of the multistate Innovation Lab Network coordinated by the Council of Chief State School Officers.