Upcoming Conferences & Workshops
Creating a Learning Culture: Learning to Learn
with James Nottingham
D'Andrea Banquets Crystal Lake or Virtual Viewing Available for 30 days
6 Professional Development Hours
In-person seating is limited - Register today
Registration includes: PD Hours, Lunch, & On-Demand Access until 10/27/21
During the pandemic, we have all realized just how important it is to have efficacious learners who are armed with the skills and attitudes necessary to take charge of their own learning. With the right tools and strategies, we can all create a culture that is focused on the learner experience and the development of expert learners. This session will provide strategies and frameworks to teach students how to learn as well as what to learn.
- Deepening students’ learning with improved questioning techniques
- Creating a culture in which students talk positively about learning how to learn
- Teaching students how to learn, including questioning, reflection, and thinking skills
Encouraging the social and emotional behaviors your students will need to grow into expert learners
James Nottingham is best-known for creating the Learning Pit, a world-renowned model for enhancing curiosity, determination, and strategic thinking. He has been a teaching assistant, teacher, and leader in schools across the 3-19 age as well as founder of a multi-million-pound, award-winning social regeneration project to raise the aspirations and achievements of young people in northeast England. In 2006, he created the company Challenging Learning, now employing 25 staff in six countries. He is author of 10 books for teachers, leaders, and parents; is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, an award granted for making outstanding achievements to social progress and development; and is included in the Future 500, a “definitive list of the UK’s most forward-thinking and creative innovators”.
- Early Bird $179 (until 7/30/21)
- ILASCD Member $199
- Non-Member $248
How to Register
- Online: Use your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express card at www.Illinoisascd.org
- Call: 800-877-1478 or 309-438-2160, Mon. - Fri. 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and use your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
- Mail: Send the completed form with check or copy of PO to: IL ASCD Nottingham — Illinois State University,
Conference Services, Campus Box 8610, Normal, IL 61790-8610. Fax:
- Fax completed form to 309-438-5364 using your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express or a copy of school P.O.