Upcoming Conferences & Workshops
New Teacher Workshop Series
with Judy Kmak
Up to 11 Professional Development Hours
These workshops will focus on the new teacher’s ability to make connections to strengthen relationships. Expertise in classroom management, organization, and analyzing data will be addressed. Recognizing the challenges that face teachers who have learned and taught in a virtual world, we will explore the realities that a different set of skills are necessary for returning to the classroom. Further, the pressures of the first years in teaching will also be addressed as educators engage in additional mini-sessions. (See brochure for a detailed schedule of each day.)
*5 Additional One-Hour Live Interactive Follow-Up Sessions
Sept 14 - Nov 9, 2021
Dr. Judy Kmak is a retired principal who implemented new teacher orientation
programs in multiple school districts and has coached hundreds of as an
administrator over the years. Throughout her career, she focused on student engagement, professional collaboration, and community partnerships. Judy continues to look for ways to contribute to the field of education and supervises student teachers to support them as they build their teaching skills. She understands the importance of new beginnings and building relationships and has shared her knowledge at the IL ASCD Social-Emotional Learning Summits.It is through these many experiences that Dr. Kmak is able to customize staff development to meet the needs of educators in the course of their careers.
Who Should Attend
New teachers (0 - 3 years of experience), Teacher mentors, Student teachers, Teacher coaches, Principals, and Administrators
- Early Bird $99 each session (7/2/21)
- ILASCD Member $119
- NonMember $168
How to Register
- Online: Use your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express card at http://www.illinoisascd.org
- Call: 800-877-1478 or 309-438-2160, Mon. - Fri. 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and use your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
- Mail: Send the completed form with check or copy of PO to: IL ASCD Kmak— Illinois State University,
Conference Services, Campus Box 8610, Normal, IL 61790-8610.
- Fax: Fax completed form to 309-438-5364 using your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express or a copy of school P.O.