Upcoming Conferences & Workshops
Mitigating Learning Loss
presented by Donna Whyte
July 26-27, 2021
Each Day (Live-Online)
And/or 30 days of On-Demand Access
Foundation skills of reading and writing have suffered setbacks, especially for our struggling learners. We have lost time to teach, time for students to practice, and the full experience of being in a classroom. Many of us have faced “in and out of school”, hybrid models and for some a heavy to full reliance on virtual learning this past year.
As we look at our new school year, it is important to focus on the things we can control. Emphasizing Quality over Quantity of Instruction will allow schools to mitigate some of the learning loss and set our students up for success. What are the best strategies to support your students who fallen behind in reading and writing?
Plan to attend this virtual session to explore the most effective, engaging instructional strategies specifically to aid our students for success in the future. Learn to use the quickest and easiest path to providing the instructional supports necessary to meet each of your Grades K-5 struggling readers & writers right where they are and to fast-track their progress. Discover that by concentrating our teaching on the most crucial factors of reading and writing skills – we can make up for lost time knowing that our students have the best foundation we can provide.
Who should attend?
All K-5 Teachers, Administrators, and Specialists!
- 6 PD Hours
- FREE copies of The Reading Aptitude Continuum, Donna’s Writing Pack, Word Theme Cards, Social, Emotional & Behavioral Learning Progress Monitoring and Interventions, Sight Word Practice Cards & The Word Lists to Determine Estimated Reading Level - Where to Start
Donna Whyte is a certified teacher, an education consultant, and an author. Her experience includes work in Pre K-12 classrooms and support for struggling readers and writers at all levels. A positive attitude, high energy, and many practical ideas make Donna's presentations exciting and valuable to educators. Her work includes the development of administrative summits on Student-Centered Classrooms and Management. Donna also consults with Summit Academies in OH, Collinsville Schools & Sparta Schools in IL, along with Standard Schools in CA as a reading and management specialist.
$159 for ILASCD Member
For group and student/retiree rates, please refer to the registration form by clicking on the register button below
How to Register
- Online: Use your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express card at http://www.illinoisascd.org
- Call: 800-877-1478 or 309-438-2160, Mon. - Fri. 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and use your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
- Mail: Send completed form with check or copy of PO to IL ASCD Whyte— Illinois State University, Conference Services, Campus Box 8610, Normal, IL 61790-8610.
- Fax: Fax completed form to 309-438-5364 using your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express or a copy of school P.O.