Upcoming Conferences & Workshops
Nurturing the Inquiry Mindset 2.0
with Trevor MacKenzie
A Virtual Asynchronous Workshop Series
a.k.a. Watch When You Can!
December 1 , 2020 - March 31, 2021
Intro/Review to Inquiry Mindset:
- Explore the 10 characteristics of the Inquiry classroom
- Intro to the Types of Student Inquiry and a scaffolded approach to student agency
- Examine the "UnGoogleable" Question and the role of questions to shape learning and units of inquiry
- Revisit provocations to spark curiosity and wonderment
Inquiry Mindset 2.0:
- Define student agency and what it means for students to become inquirers
- Explore how to co-design and coconstruct learning with students
- Examine equitable talk structures to ensure all students have a voice in class that will guide your instruction and shape your lessons
- Leave this session with clear plans to implement more student voice in your lesson design
Inquiry Mindset 2.1:
- Unpack what the research reveals about the effectiveness of inquirybased learning
- Explore the three barriers to complementing inquiry in the K-12 setting
- Plan steps to remove these barriers from your school and class context
Office Hours with Trevor
Meet LIVE with Trevor and other session participants
A chance for Q & A
Two specific dates in January and March will be announced
Teacher, Consultant, and Author of Dive into Inquiry and co-author of Inquiry Mindset, Trevor, a globally recognized inquiry specialist, supports schools and organizations in adopting an inquiry model to empower learners. Through intentional planning, mindful application of increasing student agency and social constructivism, Trevor models how to facilitate inquiry throughout his sessions enabling participants to bring inquiry back to their students.
Ways to Register
On-Line: Use your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express card at www.illinoisascd.org
Mail: Send completed form with check or copy of PO to: IL ASCD MacKenzie— Illinois State University, Conference Services, Campus Box 8610, Normal, IL 61790-8610.
Fax: Fax completed form to 309-438-5364 using your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express or a copy of school P.O.
Early Bird (11/15/20) $179
IL ASCD Member $199
1 Person Each $248* (includes IL ASCD Membership)
2 People Each $228** (2 or more attendees from the same school district/organization. Does not include membership)
3 People Each $218**
Full-Time Student/Retiree $98
Call for information on larger team discounts at (618)203-3993.
Registration deadline: March 20, 2021
A $15.00 fee will be charged for cancellations made in writing prior to the deadline. No refunds will be given after the deadline. Confirmation will be sent via e-mail after your registration is processed. Registrations can be transferred to another individual by faxing information to 309-438-5364 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.