Upcoming Conferences & Workshops
Coach it Further - Using the Art of Coaching to Improve School Leadership with Peter Dewitt
Administrator Academy #1851: Coaching 101 for Leaders
Too often leaders are being asked to be instructional leaders, but many either do not know what that means exactly, or they are unclear where to begin. In this presentation, Peter DeWitt focuses on how all methods of coaching can help leaders develop four specific areas of instructional leadership, and learn how to build collective efficacy among staff to build a more collaborative community.
• Participants will learn why leadership coaching can be a powerful method to help leaders become more successful.
• Participants will learn the four main areas of instructional leadership, which are instructional strategies, student engagement, content knowledge, and collective efficacy.
• Participants will learn the challenges leaders face that often prevents them from reaching instructional leadership.
• Participants will learn about collective efficacy and the complexities to building it with staff.
• Participants will learn why opportunity, purpose, expectations, and next steps are important to leadership coaching.
• Participants will learn the characteristics often sought in the high-quality leaders.
Based on the research of DeWitt, Tschannen-Moran & Barr, Kuhn, Hattie, and others, participants will learn how to engage in leadership coaching to focus on improving instructional leadership from multiple perspectives and how to make it more impactful using research-based practices.
Peter DeWitt (Ed.D) is a former K-5 teacher and principal. He runs competency-based workshops and provides keynotes nationally and internationally focusing on collaborative leadership and fostering inclusive school climates. His work has been adopted at the state level, university level, and he works with numerous school districts and school boards on collaborative leadership's 6 influences that matter most (i.e. instructional leadership, collective efficacy, professional learning, feedback, assessment capable learners, family engagement) around North America and the U.K, and DeWitt works as a school leadership coach in North America.
Ways to Register
On-Line: Use your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express card at www.conferences.illinoisstate.edu/ILASCD
Mail: Send completed form with check or copy of PO to: ILASCD Dewitt — Illinois State University, Conference Services, Campus Box 8610, Normal, IL 61790-8610.
Fax: Fax completed form to 309-438-5364 using your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express or a copy of school P.O.
Early Bird Rate - good thru 6/30/19: $225
IL ASCD Member $240
1 Person Each $289* (includes IL ASCD Membership)
2 People Each $268** (2 or more attendees for the same school district/organization. Does not include membership)
3 People Each $258**
Full-Time Student/Retiree $98
Registration deadline: September 26, 2019
A $15.00 fee will be charged for cancellations made in writing prior to the deadline. No refunds will be given after the deadline.
Confirmation will be sent via e-mail after your registration is processed. Registrations can be transferred to another individual by faxing information to 309-438-5364 or by emailing email@example.com