Upcoming Conferences & Workshops
Revolutionize Impact Teams (PLCs) with Paul Bloomberg & Katie Smith
April 15, 2024
9:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
NIU – Naperville Conference Center
Room 101 ABC
1120 E Diehl Road, Naperville, IL 60563
Administrator Academy (Pending)
Ignite Teacher and Learner Agency
Explore and learn to ensure asset-based continuous improvement via Impact Teams (a learner-centered PLC Framework). Observe Students and hear from educators as they empower learner agency through culturally responsive formative assessment.
Self-empowered learners understand how they are as learners, contribute positively to others, and embrace a community of “critical friends” to reach their full potential. Teacher teams do, too!
Tap Into Your Existing PLC Time
Implement Student-Centered Formative Assessment and PLC Team Collaborative Inquiry to scale up PLCs' understanding and improve student learning.
Success Criteria To be Achieved:
- Capture tools and resources to refine and enhance collaborative team and classroom structures and practices
- Discover practical strategies for culturally- responsive formative assessment
- Elevate team and student success through video observations, simulations, and modeling
- Engage appreciative inquiry to put focus on your team’s strengths
- Envision success and create a culture of efficacy Unlock “learning-to-learn” practices so collective actions have an impact
Teams are Recommended!
Bring teachers, site & district leaders, school staff members, counselors, after-school coordinators, and parent organizers.
Materials, Free Parking, Continental Breakfast, 5 PD Hours Lunch-on-your own
Meet the Presenters
Dr. Paul Bloomberg
• CEO, The Core Collaborative
• Author, Leading Impact Teams, Peer Power, and Amplify Learner Voice
• COO, The Core Collaborative
• Author, Peer PowerSchool
ILASCD Member $199
Non-Member $248, 2 People Each $238, 3 People Each $228
(Call 618-203-3933 for larger team discounts of five or more people)
How to Register
Online: Use your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express card at http://www.illinoisascd.org
Call: 800-877-1478 or 309-438-2160, Mon. - Fri. 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., and use your Visa,
MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
Mail: Send the completed form with a check or copy of the PO to IL ASCD Impact Teams — Illinois State University, Conference Services, Campus Box 8610, Normal, IL 61790-8610.
Fax: Fax the completed form to 309-438-5364 using your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express or a copy of your school P.O.