Upcoming Conferences & Workshops
BEYOND ALGORITHMS: HARNESSING AI FOR HUMAN-CENTERED EDUCATION & LEADERSHIP PRESENTED BY: MICAH MINER
January 25, 2024
ISU Alumni Center
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Registration Includes: Breakfast, Parking
3 PD Hours
February 13, 2024
Live Streaming Online
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
30 Days On-Demand Access
3 PD Hours
Welcome to a transformative journey that takes you beyond the buzzwords, far past the hype, and straight to the heart of what Artificial Intelligence (AI) truly means for education and leadership. This workshop is an experience designed to inspire, inform, and empower you to leverage AI tools for authentic, equitable, and humanized learning experiences.
- Demystify AI: Break down the jargon and misconceptions surrounding AI in a relatable, understandable way.
- Humanize Technology: Understand how AI can be used to enhance human learning and growth.
- Practical Applications: Gain hands-on experience with AI tools that can enhance instructional technology and social studies curricula.
- Ethical Implications: Discuss the ethical considerations when implementing AI in educational settings.
- Leadership Skills: Learn how to guide your team in adopting and integrating AI responsibly and effectively.
Toolkit of AI resources and strategies tailored for K -12 education A framework for ethical implementation of AI in educational settings A sense of empowerment to be a changemaker in the evolving landscape of educational technology.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
EDUCATORS, SCHOOL ADMINISTRATORS, DISTRICT ADMINISTRATORS, EDUCATIONAL LEADERS
Hour 1: The Human Side of AI
- Welcome & Ice-breaker Activity
- Real Talk: What Is AI and What It Is Not
- Generative AI: AI Tools for Text Generation & AI Art Generation
- Case Studies: AI Enhancing Teachers and Administrators Education - Examples and Possibilities
Hour 2: Tools & Tactics
- Teaching and Learning: AI's Impact on Pedagogy, Writing Instruction, and Assessment
- Academic Integrity & Acceptable Use: How to update to accommodate AI's Impact
- Hands-On Activity: Implementing AI in Your Classroom/Curriculum/School or District
- Group Discussion: Share Your Experiences and Insights
Hour 3: Leading with AI
- Ethical Considerations: The Do's and Don'ts
- Leadership Strategies: Guiding Your Grade Level/Content Area/School or District in the AI Era
- Vision Casting: Imagining the Future of AI in Education
- Closing Activity & Q & A
- A toolkit of AI resources and strategies tailored for K-12 education
- A framework for ethical implementation of AI in educational settings
- A sense of empowerment to be a changemaker in the evolving landscape of educational technology
ILASCD Member $150
2-People Each $179
3-People Each $169
How to Register
Online: Use your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express card at http://www.illinoisascd.org
Call: 800-877-1478 or 309-438-2160, Mon. - Fri. 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., and use your Visa,
MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
Mail: Send the completed form with a check or copy of the PO to IL ASCD Micah Minor — Illinois State University, Conference Services, Campus Box 8610, Normal, IL 61790-8610.
Fax: Fax the completed form to 309-438-5364 using your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express or a copy of your school P.O.