Administrator Academy Workshops
Live Your Excellence: The Critical Truth All School Leaders Need to Know
with Jimmy Casas
AA#1374, "Implementing a Social Emotional Learning System Wide to Improve Student Achievement"
Remember when you wanted to become a school leader?
How excited you were?
How you were going to inspire others to be great?
In this COVID 19 World, times have changed! How can we regroup? How can we regain our excitement about helping teachers make the most of their learning environments - what ever they may look like? As tough as times are we all can do better when we have a better understanding of the skills we need to develop to become more effective. In this session, Jimmy Casas, twenty two-year veteran principal and best-selling author of Culturize: Every
Student. Every Day. Whatever It Takes., will share his shortcomings and the critical truths that he learned the hard way on his path to becoming a state and national award winning educational leader.
Attendees will gain the following:
• Re-establish their why & their purpose for the work they do.
• How to develop processes, frameworks and systems.
• What it takes to lead learning in your school.
• How to build a culture of excellence.
• How to incorporate new initiatives without hurting your culture.
• Mastering difficult conversations.
Skills you will gain:
• Effective Communication - addressing the “awfulizer "(negative people) in their group.
• Build Capacity - empowering everyone in the org to see themselves as leaders.
• Effective Change - how to create a process for implementing effective change.
• Addressing Underperformance - re-igniting those who have lost their way.
• Overcoming the average in your organization.
Morning Session (8:00- 11:00)
- Q & A Opportunities
- Collaborative Breakout Sessions
Lunch Break (11:00 - 12:00)
Afternoon Session (12:00 - 2:30)
- Collaborative Time
- Action Plan Time
- Earn 5.5 Professional development hour or Administrator Academy
Jimmy is one of the nation’s most sought after speakers, speaking all over the country inspiring educators to be the change our students, teachers and principals deserve. His passion for teaching and learning coupled with a vision for developing a community of leaders procured a culture of excellence and high standards for learning amid a positive school culture for students and staff. He continues to give back to his profession by speaking and presenting for state and national organizations and school districts across the country.
Ways to Register
On-Line: Use your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express card at www.illinoisascd.org
Mail: Send completed form with check or copy of PO to: IL ASCD Casas — Illinois State University, Conference Services, Campus Box 8610, Normal, IL 61790-8610.
Fax: Fax completed form to 309-438-5364 using your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express or a copy of school P.O.
IL ASCD Member $190
1 Person Each $239* (includes IL ASCD Membership)
2 People Each $225** (2 or more attendees from the same school district/organization. Does not include membership)
3 People Each $215**
Call for information on larger team discounts at (618)203-3993.
Registration deadline: October 1, 2020.
A $15.00 fee will be charged for cancellations made in writing prior to the deadline. No refunds will be given after the deadline. Confirmation will be sent via e-mail after your registration is processed. Registrations can be transferred to another individual by faxing information to 309-438-5364 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org